Englishton Park, Inc. is an Indiana nonprofit corporation and a public charity under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Englishton Park owns and operates a beautiful 250-acre campus in Southeastern Indiana for the benefit of children and other members of society in need. Our principal activity, the Englishton Park Summer Children’s Program, has operated every summer since 1969.
Beginning in the mid-1800s, the campus served as the summer estate of prominent Hoosier, William Hayden English, and later his son, Captain William E. English. Upon his death, Captain English left the estate for charitable purposes in memory of his daughter, Rosalind English.
Beginning in 1958, various bodies of the Presbyterian Church (USA) began operating the campus for the benefit of children and the elderly, which was made possible, in part, by a bequest from Mary T. Roe in memory of her parents, Charles and Addie Roe, and her aunt, Mary Seal.
In 1973, Englishton Park, Inc. was formed as a separate nonprofit corporation and has owned and operated the campus since that time. Englishton Park continues to maintain a relationship with the Presbyterian Church (USA) through the Synod of Lincoln Trails.